Sunday 29 March 2009

Dear Mom & Dad...




Miss the time’s when hearing a horror story would ruin my sleep and would come back to me after being engulfed in a warm hug by mom or dad. I would always wonder how my parents could have the courage to walk up in a dark room and search for the light switch at the same time seeming totally unaffected by the dark room…
Love recalling moments whenever my parents would shower me with presents bought from my favorite toy shop at Clifton – Karachi on occasions like birthdays, getting promoted to next class in school, winning a race on sports day and similar small but sweet moments to celebrate.
Time went by and I went to college… that’s when life slightly took a turn and I started worrying about the way I look, my dressing and most of all the opposite sex! Dear mom… I’ll always be thankful to her for the support she offered and assurity she gave that no matter what others may say or think, I would be the most beautiful creature in her eyes. I laugh at the times when my dad would fuss over a guy friend being too friendly or appearing too much in my conversations over dinner every day  I love you dad for all that you did to keep me away from the “bad boys” and building up my self confidence
Started working with a well reputed bank on a contractual position and still remember my parents proudly showing off their daughter’s achievement in front of their friends and relatives… Such moments are just too precious to forget and at the same time such instances have incurred in my life so many times to write down in this blog and I would still have many moments to quote. As my professional life started to bloom I held a permanent position in my parent’s daily conversation with their friends, each time ensuring that people knew exactly where I was working and under what position to the point that I would laugh embarrassingly at my parents at times but they wouldn’t care.
Falling seriously in love and then having my heart broken badly has been a terrible phase of my life but just couldn’t help but move on and start living again thanks to the support and backup of these two lovely people I am writing about here. I have learned a lot about life at an early age and the one thing I would like to say here (even though I would NEVER admit in front of THEM) is that “Parents are always right” – (at least in my case this has been very well proven)
There is absolutely NO way of repaying back one’s parents except for loving them back equally as much and being grateful and thankful for being blessed with such wonderful people to be called mom and dad.
Mom & Dad,
I can’t find any way to more directly say what I have never said so before (probably because I thought that inside you guys might always know for yourselves) that I love you guys. Thanks for being what you are…
Luv,
Your only daughter *muah*

1 comment:

  1. Very touching! Very well written! Im sure you will bring your parents to tears if they read this!

    ReplyDelete