Thursday 13 August 2009

MUSICOLOGY

I have discovered the RIGHT remedy for maintaining FOCUS at work. Constantly going through customer’s transactions / important reading material or policies can be a bit tiresome at times especially if one is required to keep ears blocked out from all the gossips and snipping remarks thrown by some MC’s and BC’s at work, blocking out stupid baseless jokes by the senior resources where u are also expected to laugh and respond to accordingly even if u don’t feel like it (Which is the case most of the time!)
Just a month ago I discovered that the idea was simply to go DUMB! A good colleague who sits right next to me brought his new mobile (Nokia Express Music) and had earplugs on. The other day I requested him to show me his playlist and transferred some of my all time fave tracks to my phone via Bluetooth. I decided to follow the same and started to work and amazingly that was one day without any argument, resentment and disappointment. I was happily working and nodding my head, smiling at those who passed by and yet managed to finish off work within reasonable time. One of the KING Jerks tried passing a sadistic remark and I even passed on that giving a FUCK OFF LOOSER look to him and carried on with my work as I was enjoying my work.
The best thing is that some of the other people in my department also noticed and requested for songs and shared their own collection. Now almost every one’s been following the same while working and all seems to be good and “peaceful” - Comparatively at least.
Whoever said that music is pure distraction?

DR AK approving her analysis – Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment